Thursday, August 09, 2007

Well, I haven't posted for a little while, but that's ok, you haven't missed anything. The lovely newlywed Gibbs-Beadle family has moved back down to my neck of the woods, so that was exciting. I have gotten to spend some time at Crate and Barrel and other such places. I'm pretty sure Beadle hates me, because I convinced Lauren to buy an expensive vacuum cleaner and also did not unconvince her to buy a really cute antique cabinet. Oh well, he has to pretend to like me at least.

My biggest news is that I was awakened at 1:00am last night by an earthquake. Yes, my worst fear re: living in Los Angeles has come true. Not that I haven't experienced a few earthquakes in my day, but this was an LA earthquake. It was a 4.5! I actually convinced myself that I just dreamed it, so I did not get out of bed to stand under a door frame, which is what a sensible person would do. I just lay there in bed. Good thing there was no horrific aftershock. I obviously did not convince my subconscious, however, because I had a dream right after that Lauren and I were in some giant apartment building and were caught in a big earthquake.

And that's about all the news that is fit to print around here. School, work, juvey, reading lots of books, pretty much just a day in the life of me. And now it's off to bed, since I'm an old lady and tire easily.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

i think there was an earthquake in sd a few weeks ago. it was probably like a .05, but i felt it in the ikea! i'm glad you did not die. i'm very scared of earthquakes and getting shot.