Tuesday, August 18, 2009

back again

I have been severely chastised by several people for not updating my blog. Apparently that is the only way to get me to update here, as can be seen from practically every other blog entry of mine.

Hmmm, what have I been doing since May? Tearing my hair out because of the Summer Reading Program, for one. Between the weekly back to back performers, the craft programs, the weekly activity sheets (with prizes awarded), the summer reading game, and the general heightened activity level of the library, it was busy busy. At least I can say that my job is never boring. And it is over now!


Ohh, I know what else happened way back in June. A baby and her mom came to visit me! Even though I still had to go to work, it was so fun to leave and come back to such sweet company.

I've been quite a shopper recently. I did the Nordstrom anniversary sale not once, but twice. Got a new pair of jeans, sunglasses, and new shoes. The shoes are purple flats, and they are not loafers, unlike every other pair of shoes I wear to work. Very radical of me. All Lauren's hard work getting me to be more interested in buying things to replace the old holey crap in my wardrobe has finally paid off!

I also bought a new purse. I was determined to replace the old purse with the exact same kind. They don't really sell this purse that many places in the US, so I just bought it online. The company is French, so almost all my correspondence from them was in French, including my confirmation email. When I got said email, I realized I was an idiot and had entered my address wrong: no zip code, and California was listed twice. In my defense, their form tricked me into doing this. But anyway, I was freaking out because they were shipping it internationally and if it was returned because of a bad address, I would be paying big time. So I emailed the contact email, in French, with my correct address. And they fixed it! See, French people are not as mean as everyone thinks. And I still knew some French! And I received my package just a few days later! The miracles of the modern age.

Of course, I also had been an idiot and not measured my old purse, figuring the the one I ordered, their "most popular" option, was the same one. Not true. It was practically twice as large. This has worked out ok, though, as I am no longer carrying my embarrassing free giveaway anime tote bag to work. I can fit everything I need in my new giant purse!September is going to be another busy month, so it is a good thing I have such a spacious container for all my crap.

If my friends keep harassing me about this blog, I just might post again in the near future, and won't you all be so lucky to read about my exciting life. I'm sure you can't wait.

2 comments:

jordanwb said...

You need to post pictures of the things you bought! Then you can be like Mindy Ephron.

Lena said...

I am VERY excited to see that you've posted!