I did have a fabulous weekend at Lauren's sister's home, where I attended her wedding shower. I got to meet her lovely niece, Beadle's family, and catch up with my college friend Kate.
Unfortunately her baby niece had a little stomach bug that I managed to catch. I haven't been as sick as I was yesterday in many years and I hope to not be that sick again in a long time! I'm feeling a bit better today--well enough to blog, at least!
In addition to the unpleasant tummy situation, my parents put our dearly beloved Piper to sleep yesterday morning. He was over fourteen years old, had increasingly weakening back legs and a case of doggy dementia that caused him to spend a large amount of time barking for no reason. He wasn't getting any better and it was just time. I did get to see him over Memorial Day weekend, so that was good. He is the one looking intently at the microwave in that picture--it was his fourteenth birthday and he was eagerly awaiting his birthday treat of toast and cheese. We hope he is getting to eat lots of cheese toast in doggy heaven.
Today I am resting up and working on a take home final--thought I would be able to get started on it yesterday, but that obviously did not happen. Hopefully the week will get better!
Tuesday, June 12, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
i'm sorry about piper...i'm sure his voice is getting a rest finally and he has learned how to make himself his treats up there in doggy heaven.
I'm sorry to hear about Mister Master.
Big hugs to you and good luck with your final!!
Post a Comment