According to my loyal fans (ie, my sister), I have not been updating enough recently. I'll start with an important news story. In case you don't want to follow that link, a UCLA professor received a "suspicious envelope" causing the bomb squad to shut down part of Sunset Blvd. this afternoon. Let's turn to how this affected me, since that's obviously the most important thing. I had decided to be lazy and drive to school to investigate the Dictionary of American History for my Advanced Reference class (yay librarians). This road shut-down totally ruined my laziness and it probably took me longer to get there and back than if I had walked. But oh well, at least I didn't have to use my legs. Also, I pretty much thought that Paris Hilton had crashed her car again before I read the news, and was kind of disappointed it was just animal rights activists causing trouble.
I have been a world traveler in the past few weeks. Two weeks ago Mom and I visited Lynne in NYC. We saw Winnie-the-Pooh and his friends at the New York Public Library, walked through Central Park, watched a ballerina fall at the New York City Ballet, and became fans of flamenco in the East Village. We also helped Lynne get a new air conditioner, which is considerably more difficult in New York than in a normal place where you can drive your giant car into the giant parking lot of a giant big box store and just get a new AC. Instead our trek involved lots of carrying and a taxi. Geez! I don't know how people survive out there.
Last weekend I went up to Lauren's spa day/lunch in San Francisco. I got to stay with Kate in her new and beautiful apartment and the weather was delightful! Spa-ing was great, lunch was delish and Kate and I visited Green Apple Books, so I was a happy camper. I may or may not have acquired a new book, which is just what I need since I already have a nightstand pile of at least six.
This weekend I'm sticking around home base and then next weekend is Lauren's wedding! Other than my travels, I am working at my library job and taking two classes. Don't want to get bored, you know!
Oh also, last week (I think?) I got my hair highlighted in Beverly Hills. I am fancy. I read good reviews of this place online, all of which mentioned their "coffeehouse" music. Indeed, they played a satellite radio station called "Coffeehouse." A Tracy Chapman song came on and my hair lady commented on the fact that everyone likes Tracy Chapman, but no one you know actually has one of her CDs. I informed her that I, in fact, own a Tracy Chapman CD. Of course.
Friday, July 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment