This weekend was the Big Event of my summer, aka Lauren's wedding. We arrived on Thursday night and had a yummy dinner in Berkeley. Friday was cupcake baking day. With a few trusty assistants, I made cupcakes for the reception. I made approximately 150 chocolate cupcakes and frosting--yes, from scratch. They turned out just fine, despite the fact that I was concerned afterwards that I had forgotten to add sugar to a few batches. No one complained, so hopefully I didn't actually do that.
The wedding itself was on Saturday. In the morning my family and I headed over to the Oakland Museum of California where we saw some California art and history. Then we headed off to San Leandro for the wedding! The ceremony was perfect. Touching but not cheesy readings, poignant sermon, funny and sweet officiant--what more can you ask for? Some of the UCLA people and I were laughing afterwards because their dates were Catholic and were shocked when the ceremony was over in under an hour--and they didn't even have to go up for Communion! Meanwhile, we were thinking it was longer than the 20 minutes of most non-religious weddings we were used to. Reception was wonderful too with fabulously yummy Filipino food, a tasty cake, and, of course, cupcakes! Beadle broke it down for us on the dance floor and a good time was had by all.
Sunday, the Wellesley peeps and I went to her family's house for a brunch and present-opening. I got to be the official gift recorder, a job that I am not really that good at, because I have bad handwriting. I think Lauren is up to the job of reading it, though. After the happy couple departed, we headed off for some brief San Francisco tourism and then to the airport!
Now I am back to the real world, suffering from a cold I acquired from Lynne, and trying to get back into the swing of things. Oh yes, and wishing I could be on a Hawaiian vacation like Lauren and Beadle!
Monday, July 16, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment