You know how it is when you're in library school. You're always getting invited to celeb parties. Last night, thanks to the generosity of Beadle, I got to go to the launch party for Ubisoft's new game, Assassin's Creed. When we were standing around waiting to get in to the club (Opera, in case you're up on the hot LA clubs, I know I am), we saw Bai Ling, famous to me from GoFugYourself. She was pretty easy to spot because she was wearing a typically insane outfit. Other celebs we saw and/or brushed up against include Kristen Bell (she "hosted" the party and is actually involved with the game--we watched her playing it at the party), Chuck from "Chuck", Daniel from Ugly Betty, Lloyd from Entourage (I got excited about that one), Hiro from Heroes, Lex Luthor from Smallville, and Patrick Fugit from Almost Famous (and Wristcutters).
Patrick Fugit is actually a big gamer. He spent a good portion of the evening playing Assassin's Creed and looked like he'd rather be doing that than hanging out with the pretty people. Beadle introduced him to us and we shook hands. He was officially my favorite famous person at the party. Evidently Lauren and Audrina from The Hills were there, but we missed them. B. Spears was rumored to be circling the party, and all her dancers were supposedly inside, but I don't know if she showed. As my friend pointed out, she should be home with her children anyway.
It was pretty crazy to see all those people, including the tall tan blonde skinny women whose job in life is to just go to these things. It's obviously not the life for me, as you could guess. It all just seems like such a big pointless waste of time and money. Considering I haven't even bought a People magazine in years, not to mention US Weekly and its ilk, that world is not really that important to me. But it was fun to observe all those people to whom it is!
Edit: My friend pointed out that my head is in this picture. I'm right above the top of the G and Lauren is under the G and E. I'm obviously on my way to becoming a celebrity librarian.
Another edit: We may not have seen Lauren or Audrina, but we did see this guy with Audrina. He was sporting a little ponytail, which we made sure to mock.
Wednesday, November 07, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahahaaa. When you said you were in that picture I just clicked and didn't read - and immediately spotted your head above the G. All the celeb librarians should be so cool!
Post a Comment