After a very relaxing three and a half week break, I'm back in Los Angeles. I had a nice family Christmas where I received, among other things, books and sweaters. I love nothing more than to receive books and sweaters for Christmas, so I was happy. I also received a teapot, tea cozy, and tea, making myself an official old lady. It snowed a little bit on Christmas (our typical Northwest wet and non-sticking snow), which was very exciting.
After Christmas was my much anticipated five year high school reunion. I had been sweating the details of this thing for much too long, considering we ended up just getting together for drinks at a pub. About a dozen people showed up and it was really fun to see people I had not seen for five years. Despite the fact that Facebook keeps me up on the basic details of many lives, there was still much to find out. Evidently we've all grown older in five years.
New Year's was the usual family affair at the beach. We had great stormy weather, a couple of bald eagle sightings, and much fun with friends.
Now that I'm back, I'm taking two classes--subject cataloging (classification of documents by subject, however that happens!) and storytelling. I'm also taking a small group independent study to fulfill my research methods requirement, taught by my children's librarianship professor. Plus I will be doing another internship in the Youth Services department of a different public library, still doing my job and volunteering at juvey, and helping with a couple of committees! I actually had to break down and buy a desk calendar to help me keep track of everything. I don't have a totally regular schedule, so I could just feel the commitments slipping through my fingers.
Also, I got an iTunes gift card for Christmas so I'm now listening to my guilty pleasure music--Bruce Springsteen. Yay Bruce. Happy New Year all!
Monday, January 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I cannot express how much I love the fact that you are taking a Storytelling class.
-Jordan
katherine! it has been over a month and a week since you have last posted! get moving...
Post a Comment