Just after I wrote that post I headed out to good old Whole Foods for a little shopping expedition. I got to drive right past the stupidest bike lane in America, woo! Anyway, just as I drove into the very small parking lot, a tow truck was backing up towards one of the cars in the lot. They are extremely strict about this parking lot only being for Whole Foods customers and I've definitely seen someone being towed out of there before. But perhaps 3:45 in the afternoon was not the right time to block the entire parking lot so that no cars could come or go? Yes, I think not.
Annoyed as I was with having to sit around so that some parking violator's car could be towed, I just put the car in park and turned up the radio. Not so one of the people who was trying to leave her parking spot. She proceeded to get out of the car, scream (and I mean scream) at the tow truck driver and the parking lot security guy, and then go in, find the manager, and scream at him. Okay, it was a little ridiculous that they were blocking the entire parking lot just to tow one person out, but really. Everyone else just put their patient pants on (well, sort of, there were a few honkers) until they figured out a way for us to move, but this lady had to throw a conniption fit. You might think this was some bleached blonde in a Mercedes, but no, it was an older woman in a Taurus.
So the moral of the story is that I should have walked.
Tuesday, April 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment