Wednesday, May 14, 2008

stuff 'n' things

That is the name of a store in a little Oregon beach town near us. Very descriptive huh?

Tomorrow is my birthday, which has me thinking about how I am so old. I mean, I joined Facebook in 2004 for goodness sake! That is old.

Also, I am going to be graduating from my program pretty soon, which means I have to get a real grown-up job. This is fine with me, except that no one seems to want to hire librarians at the moment. Something about the housing market? Bad economy? You may have heard about this on NPR. Anyway, I don't really know what I will be doing with myself, so hopefully someone will eventually see fit to give me a job.

I didn't tell you all this, because I was traumatized, but I got into a car accident about a month ago. I rear ended someone who was stopped at a green light; according to my insurance company it was at least 51% my fault. I pretty much lost all confidence in myself as a person for a while, but I have somewhat recovered. I just got my car back yesterday and it actually looks better than before I got in the accident. There was a big scratch on the front bumper, but since they had to replace the bumper it is all gone! And they also replaced the hood, and the radiator...sob. Also, they washed my car and vacuumed out the inside. What service, huh? The best part of the whole thing is that I am now much more comfortable with the LA public transportation system.

Finally, I do not know if you have seen this new Dairy Queen commercial where the little girl gets sent a free sundae by a little boy. You know, since she's the hottest ten-year-old in the room. "Like fish in a barrel," she says. This commercial is so disturbing to me. Do I even need to say why?

No comments: