Oh dear, I see I managed to skip an entire month, but here I am! What can I say, I've been a busy bee. My most exciting event of the month has been getting to feel the littlest Gibbeadle kicking and flailing around inside her mama. Evidently she is usually a pretty quiet little girl, but she did get excited about something during my stay in the Bay. I'm sure it was the presence of her auntie! I was up visiting for the big baby shower and it was fun to see all the Gibbeadle friends and family and of course the future parents themselves!
Speaking of babies, this past week was my first foray into storytime. Non-librarians reading this may not understand that storytime is pretty much the biggest thing that a children's librarian does and we actually spend way more time planning it than anyone realizes. Anyway, I didn't plan this week's storytime--my supervisor and I share that responsibility--but I did carry out four of them! This session I have two storytimes, but my supervisor was gone on Monday so I did hers too. I did two baby (0-24 months) and two toddler (24-36 months). They are both very fun, but baby is the absolute best. We mostly just do rhymes, songs, bounces, and tickle rhymes and their reactions are so cute. The babies are mostly of the more mobile stage, but we do have a few very little ones. So cute.
I'm trying to remember what else happened in the past two months and I just remembered another baby related event--another baby shower down here for a close family friend. My mom came and visited me that weekend, which was very fun! I took her to my library, we did some shopping, looked for Halloween costume stuff, and went to the baby shower of course. I was a cowgirl for Halloween--it was a pretty low-key costume and you might have just mistaken me for someone dressed a bit to casually for work. But that's pretty much what I was going for, considering my life-long dislike for Halloween and Halloween costumes.
And now it is almost time for one of my very favorite holidays, Thanksgiving! I do get to go home for the long weekend and I can't wait. Turkey, here I come!
Thursday, November 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh Thank God, I was worried there for a second that you forgot about us. :-D
But then I can't say anything because I haven't been keeping up with my writings either, however I seem to enjoy commenting more than writing now a days.
I'm sorry I missed you at the Gibbeadle baby shower; I had a Band Review. I heard it was awesome though, of course however it would of been off the chain if I was there. lol
You are so right, the best thing about Librarians is the story time; I use to love going to story time when I was little...I should go do that now..."Good Times, Good Times."
Mmmm...Thanksgiving = food,vacation, food, family, friends, and this year all applications and auditions done for Dec.1...Ahhh and Whoo Hoo!!
Woo hoo!! It will feel so good to have that all done on Dec. 1. I remember having to send an application (I think my Wellesley one) off last minute, next-day mail. Ack! I know you are not following my bad example. I wish I could have seen you at the shower but I'm sure I will see you again soon!
Glad you finally updated! Have fun at home!
Post a Comment