I thought maybe I'd dust off old Blogger to comment on the momentous occasion that is the birth of my dearest friend's baby on January 24. I am pretty much like an obnoxious grandmother, going around and telling everyone about the baby. These people do not care about it as much as I do, but I just can't help myself! When I woke up Saturday morning I saw various Facebook status updates/twittering that indicated laboring was taking place. I tried calling everyone I had numbers for to find out what was going on; when no one answered, I figured that meant big things were happening! I bought my ticket and there and then I got a phone call saying that Maribel had arrived! I feel very blessed that I was able to see her when she was just a few hours old. She is, of course, the best and more perfect baby ever.
Maribel, Auntie Katherine will always love you. I cannot wait to watch you grow, to have adventures with you, to tell you embarrassing stories about your mom, and to give you lots of hugs and kisses! Oh yes and to read lots and lots of books with you, of course!
4 comments:
Lucky Mari (that's what I call her lol)...she has all these cool aunties and uncles and cousins and all the other parts of the family that will love her till the end of time...
And how cool that she has an Auntie that has the key to a library!!
Do you know what that means?
It means all the knowledge in the world and no late return fees!! haha
I care! I care! Tell me! Because I'm on the other side of the country.
-Lynne
Haha, Merissa, you are so right!
Maribel says "waaaaAAAaaa." That means "thank you, Auntie Katherine."
Post a Comment