Today I got a call from a girl whose ad I had answered on the UCLA housing site. The original ad made it seem like she had an apartment and was looking for a roommate, but apparently the apartment fell through. She was still looking for a roommate, however, and she wanted to talk to me to make sure I was nice enough to be her roomie! Well, we all know that I am a extremely nice person (right, guys?) so she seemed to take a liking to me. She's getting an MPH at UCLA and, coincidentally, my dad also has a public health degree from UCLA. She also seems to have basically the same living attributes that I do: non-smoker, morningish person, fairly clean (at least in common spaces), needs parking at the apartment but easy non-driving access to campus (neither of us have parking at UCLA), own bedroom and bathroom, similar budget. So far so good!
I'm going down to Los Angeles on Sunday and we're going to meet up for dinner to make sure we are on the same page. She's already scoped out some places so I think we'll go hunting on Monday. I am very excited to have a prospect! It would be nice to have a roommate--not only because it would be cheaper, but also because it would also be friendlier since I don't know anyone there yet but my dear sweet Lauren! I feel SO MUCH better to know that I probably have a roommate. It makes finding a place seem a lot less daunting and it makes me feel like I achieved something! Wish me good roommate and apartment luck--hopefully I'll know where I'm living by Wednesday.
Thursday, August 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment