So Lauren and I went to the Big Game on Saturday, the one where unranked UCLA beat No. 2 USC, their rival team, the team they haven't beaten in seven years. Of course I didn't actually see the part where they won because by that time we were speeding away in Lauren's car. You see, I have had a rather unpleasant cold since Thursday night and I didn't much feel like sticking around with a bunch of crazed fans for three hours (especially crazed since we were sitting in the student section).
But we stayed until well into the third quarter, when the score was 10-9 and then we listened to the rest of the game on the radio. The real highlight of the whole experience was getting out of the parking area. They make you park on a golf course outside of the Rose Bowl and the way they had us in there, we couldn't get out unless one car on the end moved. Amazingly, that car left about twenty minutes into us sitting around in Lauren's car, wondering how long we were going to be there. Then the only thing that stood between us and freedom was a very small space between a truck and an SUV. Thanks to Lauren's driving skills and my navigating skills, she manueuvered through that with about four inches on each side of the car. We were so excited we almost drove into a canal. No really, we almost died. But luckily we did not.
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment