I started my new job last week at one of our libraries. I'm just your basic shelver/discharger, but I like it. Last Tuesday we had an exciting event, which was that pipes in the ceiling decided to start spraying water over several shelves of books. We cleared them out, fanned them out on tables and put paper towels in between the pages of the really wet ones. You would think the whole book drying process would be all high tech, but no. In the I am my mother's daughter department, someone told me, rather bitterly, that things had been a lot cheerier since I started working. I just can't help my sunny disposition!
In other news, I got the "Annual Report of Donors" from Wellesley today. Someone in 2005 is already a "President's Circle Partner" which means she gave at least $50,000. In case you were curious, Hillary is only a President's Circle Benefactor, which means she gave at least $25,000. Oh Wellesley.
Tuesday, November 28, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment