Saturday, January 20, 2007

sad story

My dear sweet PowerBook has been doing this little quirky thing since, oh, last summer, where it likes to randomly go to sleep. Sometimes I can only wake it up by completely powering it down (ie, unplugging it and taking the battery out). Kind of not good. I finally took it into the good old Apple store today and found out that it has been overheating and going into emergency sleep mode. They're sending it somewhere to get fixed, so I will be sans computer probably until next Monday. Luckily my lovely sister is visiting me with her PowerBook, so I can still get all my work done without having to trudge over to school. This is all just to say that if you are someone who relies on me signing into AIM every day, don't worry, I haven't died but my computer has (sort of).

This all makes me a little annoyed because I never actually had any real problems with my big old Dell laptop. All the bad talk about PCs and my PC was more reliable than my Mac. But the Mac is cuter, so that's pretty much the most important thing, right?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

at least you got to visit the genius bar! i love them. i might start making up problems so that i can make appointments. something about those nerdy computer guys...