Saturday, July 19, 2008

it's july

And that means it's time for an update. Let's see, since I've graduated, I've applied to a bunch of jobs and had some interviews. The job search is ongoing! A few weeks ago I went to the American Library Association annual conference, which was in Anaheim. It was fun to hang out with all those librarians, get lots of free stuff, and see Lisa Loeb sing at an exhibitor booth. We also saw some famous librarians (famous to us), which proved to us just how geeky we really were.

I also went up to the Bay Area for a few days for a job interview and got to stay with Lauren and family. Most excitingly, she had her first baby doctor appointment and we all got to see a picture of the little human. Yes, I am going to be an auntie! You can bet I already have the knitting projects well underway. I just helped the Gibbeadle family move back up to Oakland this week and I shed a tear or two as I left them. It was so fun to have them in LA with me, but I'm glad they will be back in a place they actually like living.

I've been managing to keep myself rather busy other than that, despite being unemployed. I'm not exactly sure what I do with my time, but there does always seem to be something! Well, one thing that I have been doing with my time is becoming reacquainted with celebrity gossip. This is a very sad development in my life. I had successfully pulled myself out of that loop--didn't read the websites, didn't read the magazines, didn't watch E. But I have found it sneaking back into my life. I am going to seriously resist this, because I don't really care if Lindsay Lohan has a girlfriend. Okay, I do kind of care about that.

Tomorrow I am seeing Feist and Sharon Jones at the Hollywood Bowl. Life is hard! Hopefully I will have some exciting job news to update you all with soon.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

hey lady, its august now! almost september!