I finally have apartment pictures up on flickr. Just ignore the fact that the manager was using it to store things, plus the fact that it was in the process of getting painted. This is my kitchen with cute yellow and blue tiles. You can also view pictures from my various expeditions to the land of cheese, trees, and ocean breeze (Tillamook County).
I am all done with my summer work in the corporate world. I actually cried in the car when we were driving out of the parking garage-- I am too sappy. My dad has offered to hire me on as his personal librarian, but something tells me that might not be the best job offer I may receive.
We are now in manic "finish things up before I leave" mode. Today Mom and I did a very important task--making pickles. We made one dozen back in August when Lynne was here and we made another dozen today. I have to have enough for me to bring down to Los Angeles--heaven forbid I eat store bought pickles. I also cooked my mother's mac and cheese recipe today for the first time in preparation for life on my own. When I say recipe, I mean it arises completely out of her memory. This is why I had to practice under her supervision before being allowed to do it on my own. I will now be making it every other day, as it is one of my very favorite things.
Thursday, September 14, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment