Friday, September 08, 2006

i feel old

I still haven't added pictures, but I promise I will soon. It's just so much work to go downstairs and get my camera out of my purse, you see. In apartment news, they told us how much we are actually going to have to pay them for me to move in, so I guess I really have an apartment. I need to call the manager (who is nice, as opposed to all the not very nice people at the management company) and find out about actually signing the rental agreement.

My big event for the day was talking on a panel at the OES junior College Decision "trip." Every class at OES starts the year with a trip and back in the good old days they dragged us up to Camp Wherever so we could talk about how to choose the right college for you. Now they have the trip at the school because so much of it is computer based. Woo hoo, doesn't that sound like fun? So anyway, my old college counselor (side note: I cannot refuse the woman because not only did she go to Wellesley but she is also a new alumnae class treasurer, just like me) cajoled me into coming to talk on the panel about my college decision. I could barely remember the reasons that I had originally even put Wellesley on my list, and my parents had to refresh my memory.

The whole thing went just fine. In fact, I told my parents that I kind of feel like our attention-hog doggy Otis when I go back to OES because all of the teachers get so excited to see alumni. Of course the kids are all too cool to express any interest in an "all girls school" so they either crowded around the kid who goes to Princeton (if they were sort of the dorkier sort) or the girl who goes to Santa Clara (if they were more the blonde variety). I also felt really old because I made a reference to Felicity and I'm pretty sure none of them have ever watched Felicity in their lives.

No comments: