1. I was born in Portland, Oregon.
2. I lived there for two weeks until my parents moved all the way over the river to Vancouver because my dad worked there.
3. My sister and I have a complex about our hometown.
4. I love Portland even though it was recently named the whitest city in the United States.
5. I was a history major.
6. And I usually leave out that I was an economics minor.
7. I think it conjures up an image of a person that I am not.
8. I'm going to school to become a librarian.
9. I can't fall asleep until I've read something.
10. Don't ask me what my favorite book is.
11. I am a psuedo-morning person. I don't like to wake up early, but I'm not grumpy if I have to.
12. On the other hand, I am definitely not a night owl.
13. I like to bake.
14. My signature recipe is probably banana bread, but I can make a good pie crust.
15. Cooking kind of scares me.
16. I'm not really bad at it; it just worries me more.
17. My family has a second home on the Oregon coast.
18. I prefer stormy weather when I am there.
19. I am a dog person.
20. I always say that I don't like cats, but I've liked most cats I've encountered.
21. I don't like to exercise.
22. The most humiliating experiences of my childhood happened every day in P.E.
23. The only thing I was good at in P.E. was the flexibility test.
24. I ran cross country in high school.
25. I love my neighborhood.
26. Some of my best friends are my neighbors.
27. I went to a private school in Portland from second through twelfth grade.
28. I am in touch with more friends from high school than college. I think.
29. I rode overnight on a bus to go to the March for Women’s Lives in Washington DC in 2004.
30. I haven’t really done anything to support pro-choice causes since.
31. Not on purpose. And I feel guilty.
32. I feel guilty about a lot of things.
33. I apologize a lot.
34. If you tease me about something I’ve done wrong it will just make me feel guiltier.
35. I often have dreams that take place at my high school and that somehow feature my English teacher.
36. I almost never have dreams that take place at my college.
37. When I was little I claimed that I only had bad dreams. I’m not sure if it’s true, but I remember feeling like it was.
38. When I am anxious about something, I often dream about something bad happening in an airplane or airport.
39. I don’t really like to fly, but I still do it.
40. I try not to make a big deal out of it.
41. I am not afraid of bugs.
42. I am not really afraid of snakes either; they’re just startling.
43. I like to think that I can remain calm in a crisis.
44. My grandparents have all passed away.
45. I have five cousins, two of whom are named Sara(h).
46. My family has one male yellow lab.
47. We have had two other male yellow labs, a female black lab, two guinea pigs, and an assortment of fish.
48. I am pretty sure we were neglectful guinea pig owners.
49. But they lived a really long time for guinea pigs.
50. The ashes of our first dog currently sit in an urn on my parent’s mantel. Our second dog is in my parent's bedroom. The third is in the den.
51. I love my family.
52. My current favorite television show is The Office.
53. I was on an anti-tv kick for a while because I didn’t like feeling obsessed with watching every week.
54. I think it’s pretty good that I’m only obsessed with one.
55. My parents got cable after I left for college.
56. If I’m watching The Office, I’m probably watching some sort of home show or a trashy teen series.
57. I would love to own a house one day.
58. I want a yard for a dog and a place to have a garden.
59. I always kind of assume that I’ll just buy it on my own.
60. I think it’s sad that I envision my future as living by myself with a dog.
61. But at least it’s not living by myself with a cat.
62. That’s too librarian stereotypical and besides, I already told you I don’t like cats.
63. I would like to have a family, but at the rate I’m going I think the dog plan is more realistic.
64. I’m counting on you, Lynne!
65. I usually feel like I don’t deserve things.
66. I don’t think that this makes me very different from a lot of people.
67. I used to be really shy. Then my parents forced me to be more outgoing.
68. I’m glad they did because it makes life easier.
69. But I’m still really shy at heart.
70. It’s been hard to make friends here in Los Angeles. But I did it eventually!
71. I
72. This
73. Weather! I don’t like cold weather.
74. This is one of the main reasons that I wanted to come to UCLA.
75. I didn’t know that I didn’t like cold weather until I spent four winters in Boston.
76. It’s just so…cold. And the snow gets all grey and disgusting. And it’s cold.
77. I like to knit.
78. I really want to knit a sweater, but I can never get past the sleeves.
79. But it’s still one of my goals.
80. Another goal is to become a children’s and/or young adult librarian at a public library.
81. And make a positive difference in at least one life.
82. I know that I am idealistic and I always feel kind of silly about it.
83. I’m kind of secretly addicted to the internet. I can sit on it for way too long.
84. But I’m perfectly happy being disconnected from it when I’m on vacation.
85. I really hate it when “c” words are spelled with a “k.”
86. I once prevented Lauren from going into a store because it was called the “Kandy Korner.”
87. I don’t know if she’s forgiven me for that one yet!
88. On that same trip I also insisted on going into a coffee shop that turned out to be owned by a cult.
89. I think I should let her pick our destinations from now on.
90. I always used to feel more comfortable talking to adults than people my own age.
91. Sometimes I still do, even though I guess I’m an adult now.
92. I really don’t making phone calls to people I don’t know personally.
93. For some reason I always think they’re going to be mean to me.
94. I’m pleasantly surprised when they aren’t. Which is most of the time.
95. My favorite candy is Red Vines.
96. I could eat a whole box of them in one sitting. Before the movie even starts.
97. But I almost never buy them.
98. I have a problem getting rid of holey clothes. Particularly socks.
99. I have the manuals for every appliance I own. I even have one for my garage door opener.
100. I can’t believe I could think of 100 things.
3 comments:
i love it! this is sooooo cute and funny! you are so great, kitty. this is why you are on my permanent list of friends who i will be friends with for life. i baked banana bread yesterday and i wasn't sure i could do it without you, but i did, and it turned out ok. i miss you, let's move to portland and be next door neighbors!
51. I love my family.
51. They love you so so so so so SO much, right back.
52. I love your family too.
Post a Comment