Tuesday, October 17, 2006

beyond google

I think we all know how much I love Googling something to find the answer, but I was supposed to ask a reference librarian a question for one of my classes. Of course in my busy weekend, I completely forgot to do it until tonight. Luckily the Los Angeles Public Library has a 24/7 online reference service. I don't know if you have to be a card holder to use the service, but they never had me type in my number so I don't think so. The librarian was quite helpful in answering my rather silly question (I asked about the phenomenon of the "harvest moon"). Yes, it really was an actual person answering my question. I highly recommend the service if you want a reliable answer to a question! Okay, maybe I could have found the harvest moon thing on Google, but that's what librarians are for too!

No comments: