Monday, October 16, 2006
internet!!
I finally have le internet chez moi (it's really amazing how much French I remember, isn't it?). I'm recovering from a wild weekend back at Wellesley, as you all know. It was weird to be back, but I ended up having a really good time with my fellow officers. I have been waiting since Saturday to be able to inform you of an incident which we are looking upon as a bonding experience. Amita received an email asking us if we could do a reading during the Multifaith Service on Saturday. We all agreed, only to find out it was a reading that had been chosen by none other than Michelle Lepore. For those of you who don't know our Assistant Dean of Students, let me just say: big denim shirts, poufy hair, clothes that very likely came from Chico's. She had done this responsive reading at Flower Sunday and no doubt had absolutely no problem getting through it. We, on the other hand? Well, just imagine trying to read lines like "The Stars got poured into the sky/ Out of a magician's hat last night" or "Our spirits leap like dancing suns and moons" or "playful gangs of young angels mounted on emerald spears" or, our personal favorite, "Forest animals hear me laughing/And surrender their deepest instincts and fears/they come charging into meadons/To lick my hands and face." Let me repeat: To lick my hands and face. We had to speak those words in the chapel. We barely made it through it without fully collapsing into laughter.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment