Here I am in Westwood! I am currently waiting for my dresser to be delivered so that I can stop employing the "clothes in suitcases on the floor" method of organization. But what I really want to talk about is the West Hollywood Target. I think it's pretty much why one does and does not like Los Angeles. First the bad part: it has underground parking and people will actually pass you in the parking garage if you're not going fast enough (Lauren has witnessed this first hand). It is also rather hard to push a huge shopping cart or two to your car in a parking garage.
On the other hand, given the fact that it is in West Hollywood, there is a great cross section of humanity. Of course we have the gays.* West Hollywood has rainbow flags up on poles next to the American flag in the little green spaces in the middle of the road. The Target is also near Fairfax, thus we also have the Orthodox Jews, the women with covered heads and long skirts and such, the men with their traditional clothing. Then we have your usual mix of other people that are in every Target. So basically it's kind of a pain in the ass, but once you're actually in the Target it's kind of cool.
A few other things that have been going on: I witnessed an a cappella performance yesterday, along with a student protest (yay college!), I went to IKEA for the first time, and I went to class (I guess that's the real reason I'm here). I don't officially have internet in my apartment yet but I seem to sporadically get my neighbor's (thanks neighbors!). Once I'm more up and running I will do some apartment photography and flickr posting.
*Please note my ironic "I went to Wellesley" use of this word.
Thursday, October 05, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment