Sunday, October 29, 2006
not everyone named lynne is my friend
I was reading this article about Lynne Cheney's old and not very well-written sounding novel Sisters. I distinctly remember reading about this before, I guess probably in 2004. Apparently the book is selling for astronomical sums and, of course, this led me to wonder if one could find it for free in the library. Well, I did a little search on WorldCat and found out that only 11 libraries in the entire world even own the book. Clearly it is neither popular, nor a masterpiece. Of those 11, 7 were searchable through WorldCat (and thus would share their treasure with the rest of us). Not surprisingly, 4 of these libraries were in Wyoming, home territory of the Cheneys. So if any of you are desperate to read a copy of this fine novel, I suggest a little interlibrary loan request. There is a least one copy available from the Laramie County Library System right now, so get it while the getting's good!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment